Reach & Distribution
Washington Post Digital reaches a nationwide and worldwide audience. We are their authority on Washington. For those in Washington, from political leaders to Washingtonians of all stripes, we are the go-to digital source for living and working in Washington.
Nearly 20 million readers across the U.S.
More than 90% outside of the Washington DMA.
More readers in the the Mid-Atlantic than WSJ.com.
More financial services decision makers in the New York DMA than Bloomberg.com.
More BDMs than the WSJ.com, LATimes.com and USAToday.com.
View the U.S. audience profile for more details on our U.S. audience.
Sources:comScore Media Metrix, Oct-Dec 2012, 3-month avg; Nielsen @Plan Q3 2012.
7.3 million beyond the U.S.
- 2.8 million readers in Europe, 39% of our international audience.
- 900,000 readers in UK, 35% of our European audience.
- 26% are in Mainland Europe (Germany, France, and the Benelux and Alpine countries).
- 2.8 million readers in Asia-Pacific, 27% of our international audience.
- More than 400,000 or 32% of Asia-Pacific readers live in East Asia.
- 26% of Asia/Pacific readers are in Australia.
- 529,000 readers in Africa/Middle East, 7% of our international audience.
- 23% are in South Africa, Nigeria and Kenya.
- 41% are in Israel, the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Egypt.
View the international audience profile for more details on our audience outside the U.S..
Sources: Omniture SiteCatalyst, three-month average: Oct-Dec 2012.
1.4 million readers in the Washington, D.C. DMA.
Reaching 29% of all adults in the DMA and 34% of those who have accessed the Internet in the past 30 days.
More About our Reach in the Mid-Atlantic:
- In the the Metro Market counties of the Washington DMA, we reach more than 40% of online adults.
- More readers than every print newspaper in Washington excluding The Washington Post newspaper.
- More affluent* consumers than any radio station other than WTOP FM.
- More readers in the Baltimore DMA than four of the six TV affiliates' Web sites.
- 32,,000 more readers in Howard and Anne Arundel counties (Maryland) than baltimoresun.com.
View the Washington-area audience profile for more details on our regional audience.
Sources: Scarborough Research, 2012 Release 2. * Affluent defined as living in $150,000+ income households.